Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Grace

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

It has been a long and arduous week. Long shifts, many responsibilities, many additional tasks received, many concerns to address.  A week where I feel overwhelmed and am afraid that I cannot do my work well. I am sure that other people get these weeks, maybe more often, maybe less often, but I am certainly in good company.   

Being overwhelmed leaves me feeling helpless and frustrated. I know everyone responds to frustration differently. I have been so frustrated that a few tears have slipped out. I have been so frustrated that I have snipped at people I care about. I have been so frustrated that I have wanted to simply curl up and ignore the hard work in the hopes that it will go away. These bad behaviors leave me feeling worse on top of the helplessness and frustration and I have to make time to step back and create a plan.   

This verse has helped me to make it to the end of the week. To stop before I snip or complain. To remember the people who love me. To remember that I receive assignments because I do good work (the reward for doing a good job is more work). To take the swirl of tasks and assignments and lay them out and prioritize them. To show love and ask forgiveness of the people who have gotten the short end of the stick this week.  

Prayer: God whose patience knows no limits, thank you for being with me in times of challenges. Thank you for giving me grace when I am not my best. Please help me to prioritize the tasks ahead of me and to make time for rest to renew my efforts.  

Christi Moock

No comments:

Post a Comment