Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, April 20, 2020

God is in the World Today

Faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world-just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God's grace. Colossians 1:4-6

Beth Moore from Houston says:

We have no idea what unseen activity surrounds us! I can hardly wait until we sit at Christ’s feet in heaven and hear the behind-the-scene stories of historical events. No doubt about it. We will sit bug-eyed. God’s ways are unfathomable, His creativity untamable. Just when we think we’ve heard it all, God will tell His side of the story. Beloved, if you and I could see the whole picture surrounding our own historical events, we’d go face to the ground in startling amazement. Imagine Christ saying to you one day in glory, “Take a look at this scene with me, Child. I want you to see what was going on in the heavens when you were going through that crisis. Look at all that happened in your behalf. Gaze at that great cloud of witnesses cheering you on to victory. Now aren’t you glad you chose to walk by faith and believe Me?”

I hope God one day shows me what was happening behind the scenes after the worst time of despair in my adult life when I was absolutely certain I did not have the wherewithal to persevere. I know a war was going on in the heavens and that the devil was hitting me so hard that Christ alone could have gotten him off of me.  

My neighborhood bible study is on Chapter 10 of Daniel. We are learning that God and the angels Michael and Gabriel are busy working in the world today. What an awesome thought.

Prayer: Dear Lord, you are awesome, thank you for seeing us and being with us each day. Help us to understand and see some of what you are doing. I know we won’t fully see until we join you in heaven. Your love and grace are so amazing. We praise you Lord. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment