Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, April 20, 2018

Where Do You Want to Go?


So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
Then God said, “I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it.  They will be yours for food.” Genesis 1:29
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelation 3:20
So many times family and friends get together and the decision making or non-decision making begins as to where to go eat. If staying home it can become another conversation of what to cook or eat that is prepared or easy. I am sure we have all been through these conversations, what do we want to eat, Italian, Mexican, American, buffet, fast food, eat there or take home. It becomes a sometime lengthy decision making, usually works its way through an elimination process to arrive at a final agreement. But the choices are plentiful, the options are enormous, the actual eating process has become a form of entertainment rather than a way of sustaining nourishment to our bodies. I know I am guilty of enjoying the many different flavors of foods. I also have my favorites and those that I know I dislike.  

But these are not the circumstances for so many others in the world; just in the United States, or in Lincoln, there are those that are happy just to have a meal once a day. Their selection is not where to eat, or what to eat but to how to get a meal. There are so many programs that help and struggle to meet the needs of those in hunger.  

I pray that I become more aware of what I eat and that I look at it as a form of nourishment rather than a form of entertainment. I feel the meal time of family and friends is almost a lost form of communication or comfort. I pray that while we nourish our bodies, that we also nourish our relationships and spend the time to sit down and enjoy the meal with family and friends.

Prayer: Dear Lord, please help us to remember to be thankful for the food that you provide, help us to remember that we need the food for nourishment. We pray for those that work hard to provide us with this nourishment. Help us to remember those that may not be as fortunate as ourselves and we help those in need. Guide us to take time to spend with our family and friends every day, not just on special occasions. Thank you for all you provide us. Amen
Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment