Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Home Sweet Home

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” 
John 14:2-4


Last week in February and the first week of March, I took a vacation to stay with friends in southern Texas and visit Mexico. The second week I stayed with my sister out of town. I had great accommodations and the hospitality was fantastic. My dog Hastings had stayed with my nephew during the first week and I picked her up and she greeted me with that happy puppy energy and excitement. She still seemed hesitant staying at my sister’s home. After the two weeks we went home and you could tell she was home. She ran all around the house checking all the corners to make sure things were in their proper place, every dog toy had to come out of the basket and be examined to make sure they were all there. She took each toy for a run around the house. You could tell she knew she was home. After the return home ritual, she climbed into her bed, relaxed and fell asleep. I too retired to my bed after the late night drive home and I too was excited to be in my own bed in my own accommodations. I was home sweet home.

Recently I saw a picture of Jesus with a person wrapped around him.  Their feet were wrapped around his waist and their arms around his neck as tight as possible. A hug beyond imagination. Their face had the biggest grin as if they were greeting a long lost friend. That is what I imagine when I see my loved ones in Heaven. That they too were greeted and got a huge hug welcoming them home. The warm embrace filled with love and comfort.   

Lori Hood  



No comments:

Post a Comment