Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, August 22, 2016

Seeking Wisdom

Scripture:

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. Proverbs 19:30

For the last several weeks my role at work has been changing as we prepare for a large, long lasting project.   I am not always certain what actions or steps to take next and the waiting is uncomfortable and sometimes terrifying.  As I have begun this process there have been a-ha moments where I gain a deeper understanding of my role and its significance but also moments where I wonder if I have made the right decision.  As humans, we often struggle with change and it is hard to wait patiently and be disciplined.

With these changes I am trying to listen to God and ask for guidance. From the little things, like how do I get to and from work without the frustrations of commuting using a different route. To the big things, working with someone who has a very different style than I do.  As I have experienced these changes I have thought of little phrases I have heard over the years - Let go and Let God, worrying is like praying for bad things to happen, and my personal favorite -   I don't have to know all the answers and if I don't, I don't have to pretend that I do (Sinek).

Prayer: Lord Jesus - help me to gain wisdom as I embark on a change in my life.  Help me to be patient and enjoy the experience!

Christi Moock
Christi.Moock@bryanhealth.org

No comments:

Post a Comment