Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, August 8, 2016


Count Your Many Blessings

Scripture: 

Romans 10:12 ...The same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him.

Trudging up the sidewalk to the doctor’s office still ANOTHER time, for some reason, I found myself whistling "Count Your Many Blessings". I stopped my whistling as I neared the door as my family has chastised me many times for whistling in inappropriate spaces.

Sitting in the waiting room a few minutes later, I looked around me. That's strange, I thought, one of that young girl's legs is blue. Oh my, it was an artificial limb. Then I heard an older gentleman, in a wheelchair, say, "you won't leave me here!" The young bus driver assured him over and over. "I will wait". Another man was hurried into a room coughing desperately. Yes, indeed, now I know why God gave me "Count Your Many Blessings " to whistle. I had only to look around me to see why I should be counting.

Many times, we feel put upon or sorry for ourselves. Maybe these times come more often as we age. But let us remember to look around and count our blessings. I surely did that morning.

 

Prayer: Lord, help us to be thankful for what we have instead of always asking you for more and more. Help us to look to you for wisdom and love for our fellow man. Amen

 

Carolyn F. Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment