Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The Comfort of Spring

Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet; righteousness and peace will kiss each other. Faithfulness will spring up from the ground, and righteousness will look down from the sky. Yea, the Lord will give what is good, and our land will yield its increase, Righteousness will go before him, and make his footsteps a way. Psalms 84: 10-13 

Spring is here. My crocus bloomed this year on Valentines Day. My daffodils are still blooming and this week the tulips I planted 30+ years ago are a pretty red. My Lambs Ear are looking alive and of course the dandelions are beautiful. Yesterday I saw my first house finches at my feeders along with my two returning mourning doves. The juncos have gone. The turkey vultures have returned in mass along with the robins. I have seen a few blue winged teal in small ponds and of course I totally enjoyed seeing the return of the sandhill cranes.  

There is a wonderful calming peaceful predictability in spring. A reminder that our creator God has given us a wondrous world. His love is evident everywhere if we just take the time to look around us. All this new life and rebirth reminds us that God's son, Jesus, also rose from the dead and lives eternal, our hope of salvation and eternity in heaven. In this time of uncertainty in the world with war, violence, hate, and fear, God is always there to give us comfort and hope.  

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for the beauty of the spring. Thank you for giving us your son as our savior. Help us remember that you are always there for us despite troubling times. Amen. 

Nancy Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment