Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

F.R.O.G.


Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

From birth I have relied on you; you brought me from my mother’s womb. I will ever praise you. Psalm 71:6

As I read in the 2008 Eastridge Devotion Book I found two devotions by my friends, Nancy Bayne and Kathy Rangel. They became great friends as we studied in the Hope Renewed group held at Eastridge for many years.

Kathy found an old sticker from Sunday School days in an old basket. It read F.R.O.G. with a big green frog on it. The picture above was designed by Irene Hastings, one of Bryce’s nieces in law. I loved this painting so bought it from her in 2022. I bought others to give to my golfing friends because on #4 hole where we golf, the frogs are always talking and all we can see is the head sticking up from the water. This picture lets us see the rest of the frog.

OK, so what did the sticker say in Kathy’s basket under F.R.O.G? Fully Rely On God. I love that she was able to make it through disruptions in her plans for the day, and fully rely on God.

Nancy stated she found it hard to stay still and had relied on time management courses. But Nancy also says verse 46:10 above reminds her to be still and fully rely on God.

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, your Psalms are beautiful and have such meaning for our lives today. Help us to be still, listen to you and rely on you always. Amen.     

Sandra Hilsabeck  

No comments:

Post a Comment