Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, October 16, 2017

Surprise! Surprise!

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.” James 1:17

 
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.” Ephesians 2:8
 

We have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us: prophesy, in proportion to faith; ministry, on ministering; the teacher, in teaching.” Romans 12: 6-7
 

Last April, I was given a blooming orchid plant – my first orchid plant gift. I watered it carefully and it continued to bloom for two months. I enjoyed its beautiful blooms and was sad to see it go. I placed it under our back yard deck and forgot about it.
 

Last week as I picked tomatoes at the edge under the deck, the orchid plant greeted me with brilliant new blooms. What a special gift! I couldn’t wait to show the orchid blooms to my family and neighbors.
 

Daily, each of us receives gifts from God. Often we do not recognize them or give thanks for these gifts. Can you name gifts you have recently been given by God? Even though we haven’t earned these gifts, we receive them gratefully.
 

PRAYER: Dear God, we are thankful for your most precious gifts. Help us to follow your example and to share our talents and gifts with others. Amen.
 

Lois Poppe

No comments:

Post a Comment