Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Let God In

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done is secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:6

When sleep evades me, I often seek our all-season porch. There I sit in a comfortable chair warm or cool according to the season. The darkness surrounds me and sometimes the rain patters on the skylights above me.

That is my place and time to have a serious talk with God. I can be frightened about something, dreading something, nervous about the future or just thinking too much. As I mull over my problem, I ask for help and I find myself relaxing and at peace. After letting God in, I often slip back into bed and sleep until the morning dawns on a new day and the birds greet the rising sun. 

Where do you go to talk with God? I know I pray at other times, but this is a special time and place. Do you have a special time and/or place? Matthew warns us about praying in public. He talks about being hypocritical. Do you ask for help, forgiveness or just want to feel that everything will be okay? Try whispering a prayer before you tackle a really hard problem in your life. Let God in. 

Prayer: God, help us to be humble and let you into our lives. Let us pray with meaning and love for you and your son. Amen.

Carolyn Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment