Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, April 12, 2017


The Creation Waits   

I pray, O Lord, for the earth. Forgive us for the waste, the destruction, the disrespect. Heal the earth, O God. Heal the earth.

 

“For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God; for the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and will obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God” Romans 8: 20-21

 

A Prayer at Tree-Planting

 

Lord, it may seem odd

That I should pray here, now.

But when I plant trees

I’ve things to say to God.

 

These little trees are Yours,

You know, not just mine.

A redwood grove twelve inches tall

Is hardly anyone’s at all,

I suppose except by faith.

 

A man gets to wondering,

Between bulldozers and fears

Of war, why look ahead

A hundred, even thirty years?

 

I don’t know…except

As these trees grow

I hope my great grandchildren

Or someone’s boys and girls

Play hide-and-seek

Among the towering trunks

And chattering squirrels.

 

 

I hope they hear beauty

In the singing boughs

And birds. I hope they

Breathe clean forest air

And find Your peace.

 

~Richard J. Foster, Prayers From The Heart

 

No comments:

Post a Comment