Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, November 22, 2016


Thankfulness In Prayer

Scripture: 1 Thess. 5:16-18   Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 

In addition to our Eastridge devotions, every morning I also read Sarah Young's, "Jesus Calling" devotion. Some pages are dog-eared for something that especially spoke to me. One of the pages is double dog-eared. Sara speaks of prayer, pouring out your concerns to God and being candid with Him. Then, we are to thank God for the answers that are on the way. I had never thought of that before. Yes I have learned to pray about my concerns and then give them over to God (okay most of the time I give them to God). But now after prayer, I thank Him for the answers "that He has set into motion long before you can discern results." The answer may or may not be the one I had wanted, but I have relinquished control to "Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." [Ephesians 3:20]

Prayer: Dear Father, thank you for the gift of prayer and the knowledge that you hear us whether the concern is great or small. May we learn to talk with you like an old friend, for you long to have fellowship with us all day long. Amen.

Cathy Schapmann          rcschapmann@twc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment