Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Wandering Heart: "Teach Me": Poem

Teach me

Teach me about the ways of the wind,

about the ways of the world,

about the ways of the heart.

Teach me about the soft crook of my lover’s arm,

and the way two souls can hold each other close.

Teach me about forgiveness, about the language

of I’m sorry

and the softness of sincerity.

Teach me about abundance, about

seventy-times-seven

and all the days of my life.

Teach me about joy, about its contagious weaving

and its soul-healing.

Teach me about mercy, about open hands and

deep breaths.

Teach me about the dawn of time and the stars

in the sky.

Teach me what matters most.

Teach me what is mine to do.

Teach this achingly curious heart

until I run out of questions

or I run out of days.

Teach me some melodious sonnet,

and I will have a life well-lived.

Poem by Rev. Sarah Speed

reprinted with permission from A Sanctified Art

No comments:

Post a Comment