Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Making The Most of Every Opportunity

“Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.” (New Living Translation) “Making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.” (English Standard Version) Ephesians 5:16

A few days ago, while I was talking to a friend, I mentioned a Bible verse discussed during a weekly Bible study. She said, “Tell me about the Bible. I’ve never gone to church.” I was taken aback; how could I begin to share all the stories and lessons in scripture? Here is an amazing opportunity to spread the Good News to someone who is interested in learning, but I wasn’t prepared to reply to my friend’s request.

Paul encouraged the Ephesians to proselytize at every opportunity, to teach non-believers about the sacrifice that was made for them. He emphasized the urgency of this effort by declaring the present time “evil days.” I have committed to making it a priority to read and pray for guidance to allow me to make the most of the next opportunity God sends my way.

Prayer: Lord God, help me to have the clarity of thought and confidence to find the words to share your stories with others who have not heard the Good News. Amen

Carol McClain

No comments:

Post a Comment