Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

God Helps the Weak

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29 

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Hebrews 4:15-16

Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, (even to the point of death on the cross) so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:3

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Psalms 73:23-24

It is difficult to read the paper and watch news on television. We are very concerned for our country. We feel weak and weary. Our jobs and school can be difficult at times. Our culture seems to be changing, and we realize we need to listen to God’s word when He tells us He is with us and will give us the strength we need for tomorrow.   

I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. you anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for promising to always be with us in this world and to take us with you into glory at the end of our journey here on earth. Your words in Hebrews and Psalms give me peace. Please be with our family and friends and give them peace. Thank you for your many assurances to us. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment