Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, May 4, 2023

What is Love?

Love is patient; love is kind. I Corinthians 13:4 

I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. John 13:34 

I recently had knee replacement surgery and stayed in my daughter's home for almost a month until I was independent. Thinking back on my step-by-step progress, I have become very appreciative of the love my family shared. 

    Love is: your family getting up in the middle of the night to make sure you take your pain medications

    Love is: working out everyone's schedules to get you to and from physical therapy

    Love is: helping get your clean TED and compression socks on every day

    Love is:  helping you get your shoes on and tied

    Love is: having home cooked meals ready for every meal

    Love is: being encouraged and coached to do your home exercise program, even when you don't want to

    Love is: cheering your successes like giving up the walker and the cane

    Love is: helping you with your shower

    Love is: talking with you about your daily progress-and playing cribbage

    Love is: getting your warm clean clothes every day and help in getting them on. 

I'm sure I could add many more love thoughts, knowing I would not have done so well without my family's love and caring. I have so many things to be thankful for besides my family's care, prayers and calls from family and friends, flowers to brighten my days, my son-in-law putting up grab bars in my home shower, and my daughter's friends contributing comfort food to help in my healing. God has provided me with many blessings, all that I need every day.  

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for your love given freely to us. Thank you for the blessings of family and friends. Thank you for your healing and providing doctors and therapists to care for us. And most of all, thank you for sending your son Jesus to teach us about love.  

Nancy Hall

 

No comments:

Post a Comment