Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, May 25, 2023

I Am

I am the Bread of life…the living bread. John 6:35.51 

I am the light of the world John 8:12

I am the door of the sheep. John 10:7 

I am the good shepherd who giveth his life for the sheep. John 10:11 

I am the resurrection, and the life. John 11:25

I am the way, the truth, and the life. John 14:6

I recently found out a Christian in my family did not know that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one with three parts. He did not know that Jesus is God who came to earth. The above verses tell me that Jesus is saying I AM like this following verse when God used I AM.

And God said unto Moses, I AM That I AM; and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel. I AM hath sent me unto you. Exodus 3:14

According to Henry Morris of ICR in Dallas Texas, this is cleared up by his paragraph in “Days of Praise” published by Institute of Creation:

The Lord Jesus appropriated this divine name to Himself when He told the Jews:

“Before Abraham was born, I am” John 89:58. Correctly assuming that this    statement was nothing less than a direct claim to identity with God, the        Jews immediately (but unsuccessfully) attempted to stone Him to death as a blasphemer.

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, please give us the understanding that you were with your son Jesus when he came to earth.

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment