Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, October 4, 2018

God's Grace



For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

This was sent to me by a friend. He received it from another friend on the internet, and the original author is unknown.

Heaven's Grocery Store
As I was walking down life's
highway many years ago
I came upon a sign that read
Heaven's Grocery Store.

When I got a little closer
the doors swung open wide
And when I came to myself
I was standing inside.

I saw a host of angels.
They were standing everywhere
One handed me a basket and said
"My child shop with care."

Everything a human needed
was in that grocery store
And what you could not carry
you could come back for more.

First I got some Patience.
Love was in that same row.
Further down was Understanding,
you need that everywhere you go.

I got a box or two of Wisdom
and Faith a bag or two.
And Charity of course
I would need some of that too.

I couldn't miss the Holy Ghost
It was all over the place.
And then some Strength and Courage
to help me run this race.

My basket was getting full but
I remembered I needed Grace,
And then I chose Salvation for
Salvation was for free
I tried to get enough of that
to do for you and me.

Then I started to the counter
to pay my grocery bill,
For I thought I had everything
to do the Masters will.

As I went up the aisle I saw
Prayer and put that in,
For I knew when I stepped outside
I would run into sin.

Peace and Joy were plentiful,
the last things on the shelf.
Song and Praise were hanging near
so I just helped myself.

Then I said to the angel "Now how much do I owe?"
He smiled and said "Just take them everywhere you go."
Again I asked "Really now, How much do I owe?"
"My child " he said, "God paid your bill a long long time ago."

Prayer: My dearest Jesus, You paid the price for my sin and give me the grace I need but never deserved. If I gave all I had, it would never be enough.  Thank you for all the gifts you give, but especially for grace. Amen

Reprinted with permission from “Faithfully Devoted to God”, a devotional written by Lori Snyder-Sloan and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment