Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me!


A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. John 16:21

 
November is my birthday month and so many happy memories fill my mind of birthdays past. My family is big on celebrating birthdays. My parents always made our special day a day of excitement, recognition and a joy knowing we had reached another year. It has always been a celebration that each of us is special in God's eyes. In my younger years it would mean a homemade cake of your favorite made by Mom. There was always a present but it seemed the best part was family together.  
 

I find it sad that so many don't celebrate their birthday or meet it with regret that they are another year older. It isn't about the gifts, the cards, or the cake; it is the time we get. Time to spend with family and friends. More time to extend the good news of Jesus Christ and continue to share the passing of peace.  
 

Yes I am getting older but because of this great gift I meet each birthday with the same spirit of joy, happiness, excitement of what my next year holds for my future.  It is a time to count my blessings. 

 
Prayer: Dear Father: Thank you for another year. Thank you for giving me more time to enjoy my family and friends and their life milestones.  Thank you for giving me more time to do your work here on earth.  Continue to guide me in my life's journey in the way of your plan and not mine.  Help others to see the glory in your gift of life and in the lives of others around us.  In Jesus name we pray Amen

For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10
 

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment