Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, December 21, 2016


ADVENT DECEMBER 22

JOY

 
Sing Praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be known in all the earth. Shout aloud and sing for joy, O royal Zion, for great is your midst in the Holy One of Israel. Isaiah 12:5-6 

I have a friend who does ornamental blacksmithing.  Some time ago I asked him to make me an iron advent wreath that I could put the advent candles in.  He did and it is wonderful. I have it on my dining room table during advent and the Christmas Season. I light the appropriate candle or candles each evening before supper. A Christ candle sits in the center of the wreath.

The candles represent hope, peace, joy and love. The joy candle is the rose colored one.  The other three are purple.

If you haven't had an advent wreath give it a try.  It can be as ornate or as simple as you choose.  It's the symbolism that counts.

Prayer: Dear Lord, Thank you for your gifts of hope, peace, joy, and love to us through your Son Jesus the Christ. In Christ's name we pray, Amen.

Kathy Kuehn

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment