Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016


 

Belief That Sustains Through Trials

Scripture: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, Genesis 1:1 

I have believed this verse since I was a very young child, I've never really thought about what it would be like to think differently. Since I believe that the same God that created the universe also created me, then I must believe I am not a random act, my life is not an accident. Since I'm created by God, then I am part of His plan. I have a reason to be, a purpose for living. I have a history and a future. God knows me and loves me as His own. God will ensure His objectives are achieved. He will never abandon me. All that remains is to live in a close enough relationship with the creator God and the community of believers so that I may live the purpose God has for me.

After realizing God had a plan for me, it gave me peace in everything. I can now look back and see he had me take up college again so I learned to journal which led to my writing. He put tennis in front of me so I would have knowledge to coach when asked. I didn't know I needed these but God did and set them before me at exactly the right time.

God has a plan for your life too and HE will not abandon you. You have a purpose for being here.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help us to trust you to reveal the plan you have for our lives. Give us the wisdom to ask for your plan and the knowledge and desire to fulfill your plan. Lastly, help us to understand all you have placed in front of us and to act accordingly. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment