Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Are You Willing to Accept Help?

Then the Lord became angry with Moses. “All right,” he said. “What about your brother, Aaron the Levite?  He is a good speaker.  And look!  He is on his way to meet you now.  And when he sees you, he will be very glad.  You will talk to him, giving him the words to say.  I will help both of you to speak clearly, and I will tell you what to do.  Aaron will be your spokesman to the people, and you will be as God to him, telling him what to say. And be sure to take your shepherd’s staff along so you can perform the miraculous signs I have shown you.” Exodus 4:14-17

I don’t know about you, but often I have felt I can get through a bad situation without help from others. I have usually told myself I will be just fine if I pray a lot more. 

Being a Stephen Minister, I have gradually changed my way of thinking. I have found there is a lot of support within our Stephen Ministry Group. Sometimes people outside that group have offered help. I have taken that step to accept some of those offers of help. By accepting help from others, I found I can provide better care to a care receiver or just be a better friend to someone in need of a friend.

I think the first step to healing is accepting the help of others, whether they are within your group or outside your group. I did that and I found out that you sometimes help each other in the process.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the support group you have given me through the caring people in Stephen Ministry. Thank you for those caring people outside Stephen Ministry, who continue to lift me up with their support. I would ask for your continued help in caring for those persons grieving a loss or a broken relationship, and that you would provide Your Divine Intervention and Guidance.  Amen.

Dee Ann Dilley (reprinted from the Eastridge Devotion book, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment