Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, April 20, 2023

All You Need is Faith

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.  1Timothy 1:12-14

A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all; he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken. Psalm 34:19

Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. John 17:24

Recently I saw a news program about a college series developed to provide students how to find happiness. They spent lots of time and money to put this together with the help of several well-educated professors.

The students were to take the class to find happiness because completing obligations and graduating from classes didn’t make them happy. The object of the class was to give them joy by following many instructions and reading many articles and books.

This seems so strange to me because I have always known that Jesus loves me. My parents and my Sunday School teachers taught me that Jesus forgives me even when I have done wrong and pours out love upon me with his forgiveness. The faith I have from the Bible via the above verses and many more like them gives me great joy.

Our student Nyaluak Dak gave a great sermon on our Youth Sunday telling how the love of our church community helped her through troubles. I am sure many of our members can echo her words.

Prayer: Dear Lord, please bring more people back to our churches. With the people of our country leaving the loving communities of worship, people have lost the faith Jesus showed us with his love and compassion. Please help us to guide people back to your son’s faith so they can find the joy we experience. Amen

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment