Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, November 6, 2020

God is in Control

Hezekiah became deathly sick. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz paid him a visit and said, “Put your affairs in order, you’re about to die—you haven’t long to live.”

Hezekiah turned from Isaiah and faced GOD, praying:

Remember, O GOD, who I am, what I’ve done?

I’ve lived an honest life before you,

My heart’s been true and steady,

I’ve lived to please you, lived for your approval.

Then the tears flowed. Hezekiah wept. 2 Kings 20:1-3

God heard Hezekiah and told Isaiah to go back to him and tell him he observed his tears and God will heal him. Tell him, God said, that in three days you will walk on your own legs into The Temple of God and I have added fifteen years to your life. A fig plaster was prepared to apply to the boil.

Hezekiah said to Isaiah, “How do I know whether this is of God and not just the fig plaster? What confirming sign is there that God is healing me and that in three days I’ll walk? 2 Kings 20:8

It seems Hezekiah was being impertinent or arrogant, but Isaiah answered him.

“This will be your sign from GOD,” said Isaiah, “that GOD is doing what he said he’d do. Do you want the shadow to advance ten degrees on the sundial or go back ten degrees? You choose.” Hezekiah said, “It would be easy to make the sun’s shadow advance ten degrees. Make it go back ten degrees.” 2 Kings 20:9

God moved the shadow back ten degrees on Ahaz’s sundial. This certainly proved God can do anything. He is in control of our world, sun and universe completely. We should rest in peace and not fear all the world’s news. God is in control.

Prayer: Dear God, thank you for Thomas’s scriptorium. I chose the 2 Kings chapter 20 last Saturday to write in long hand for the Corona Bible. Those verses reassured me of your almighty power. Science has shown there was this change in time. Science continues to agree with your scriptures. Thank you for your true word which gives me peace. Amen

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment