Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

God's Steadfastness


Recently I celebrated a milestone birthday. I had invited guests that had entered my life at different stages throughout my life. My nephew helped me prepare a video of different pictures of that many years of my life. There has been too many people, too many different events to include all in the video. We also included the many different changes in the world since my birth. It was amazing to go through and realize how many changes have occurred in what seems like such a short time in my mind. No cell phones, phones still hung on the wall, party lines, no internet, so of course no Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram or other apps now a part of so many individual's lives. Interstate 80 wasn’t even completed, but they had begun to work on it. Library books were checked out by hand, stamping the date due in books and a card held for each book. There weren’t a lot of pre-prepared dinners. TV dinners were pretty new and not very tasty. We didn’t see the fast food restaurants you see now everywhere. Toys included slinky, paper dolls, Barbie was presented the year I was born, black and white movies and television were more popular and color was a big exciting new experience for many. No digital cameras so pictures were taken and waited for development to see if you got the picture you wanted.   


One thing has remained the same but fewer are realizing: the need for God in their lives. God was there when I was born, God was there when the ambulance came when I stopped breathing soon after being taken home, God was there as I grew up and was bullied, God was there when I felt depressed, God was there during the happy times, God was there when we went through struggles, God has listened and given answers; not always the answers I may have wanted but His plan was always better. I give thanks for Him for each day I have been here and those that I have met along the way. I give thanks for Him walking beside me during the trying times. 


But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance. 2 Thessalonians 3:3-5


Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment