Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Light and Love


Jesus said to them, “The light is with you for a little longer. Walk while you have the light, so that the darkness may not overtake you. If you walk in the darkness, you do not know where you are going.  While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you may become children of light.” John 12: 35-36  

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12  

At the February Trailblazers group meeting, we all shared something that has meaning for us. My husband and I shared a photo of a wall-hanging that has hung in our homes since our children were young. As a family, we together created it using tissue paper (in shades of brown, yellow, and orange) and glued it on fiber board panels. Our family members saw varying things – sunrise, sunset, for example. I saw the darkness of our world driven away by God’s light of love.

There are many kinds of darkness. Some describe being in the darkness of depression. Some struggle with physical pain or other health issues as a kind of darkness. Worries of conflict in our country and world can darken our views.

The song, “I Am the Light of the World” reminds us how we can follow and love today.

Chorus:

            “I am the Light of the World.

            You people come and follow me.

            If you follow and love,
           
            You’ll learn the mystery,
                       
            Of what you are meant to do and be.”

I reflect on how I can be a part of dispelling the world’s darkness each day.

Prayer: God of light and love, show me how I can reflect your presence in our world today. Amen.


Lois Poppe




No comments:

Post a Comment