Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, December 4, 2017

I can't believe she wore that!


"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37

Judgement is a very powerful sin; it allows us to believe that we are better than someone, and that our sin isn't as significant as the one we are judging. Have you ever looked at someone and immediately judged them? I have! I've thought to myself I can't believe she wore that dress, I would never forgive my husband if he did that, or the best is: my children would NEVER do that! How about when you hear gossip (true or not) about an individual and condemn them out loud. Then everyone joins in and it becomes a witch hunt! How dare we as Christians judge someone else when we have so much sin of our own to worry about. I am just as guilty as everyone else!

Forgiveness is the ultimate gift from God. Think of how many times he's forgiven you. Mine are too many to count! Judgement and Condemnation go directly against the teachings of Christ. Life is often unfair, we could probably all be offended daily if we allow ourselves. Instead of being resentful, let's rejoice and be thankful. God always rights every wrong in his own time. 

Have a blessed day!

Becky Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment